1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buffalo Wild Wings is coming to Canada.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Aug 29, 2010.

1. accguy

accguy Member

I am actually somewhat of a fan. You pretty much know what you're going to get -- big cold beers at reasonable prices, decent wings with good sauce options (I like the Carribean Jerk and hot) and it's going to be clean.

I especially like going to them in college towns after covering a game. There will always be highlight shows and late games on TV and because there isn't a dance floor and other nonsense, there isn't the fake ID crowd. So you can get some food and a couple of beers without getting knocked into and spilled upon all the time.

Is it the greatest place ever? Of course not. Does it usually meet your expectations? Certainly. Is it a place where if you spend $25 on wings and a couple of beers and turn in the receipt that the beancounters in the office will look at you cross-eyed? Of course not.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I've only been to a couple of Hooters, including the hotel in Vegas, and I've never seen any of the girls who were worth a third look.
    But I'll admit that the girls in the Miss Hooters contest that used to be shown on Fox Sports Net were better looking than any Miss America or Miss USA pageant.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I hate BWW. Friends used to insist on going there every time we went out. Chintzy plasticware and plastic plates, incredibly overpriced wings that are mediocre on a good day, extraordinarily overpriced side items and soft drinks, and lously service (well, lousy service describes 95% of the places in my area). But yeah, they have lots of TVs.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Totally agree. And I'm usually a big fan of sporks.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

More importantly, it'll be 1 block from the Crystal City Restaurant. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

What do you use plastic utensils for at a wing place? And everything comes in a plastic basket, I think, just like 95% of the other sports bars I've ordered food at. And incredibly over priced? It's, what, $9-10 for 12 wings? That seems at least average. The sports bar I frequent for wings here is $11.50 for a dozen, I think. I do hate that "Wing Night" at places has gone from $0.10 when I was in college to now where people act like $0.50 or more, per wing, is something to celebrate as a special promotion. That said, $9-11 seems pretty average to me for a dozen wings these days.

I don't live near a BWW anymore, but it's one of the first chains I hit when I'm back around one. All the ones I've ever been to have good TVs, average-priced beer with a not-terrible selection, and good watch-a-game food. The one nearest where I grew up always got PPV fights and stuff, too, though I wasn't big in to that stuff.

I've also never encountered a table minimum. That's obviously a regional thing. If your region doesn't generally have that, then I'm sure a new BWW there won't either.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I am probably in the only town in America that has more Buffalo Wild Wings (one) than Hardee's (none).

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The people who got fired from Burger King need a place to work (Hardee's)?

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Apparently, that's what Taco Bell is for in these parts.

10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Not the only town in America, considering there are only five Hardee's left in all of Ohio (two of them on turnpike exits) and 84 BW3's in the state.

Running into a Hardee's around here is like finding a Rax's Roast Beef. Gone the way of the Dodo.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

"What do we do with these leftover nasty chicken bits?"

"I say that we either figure out a way to get people to eat them, or we send them to Canada."

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Not having a Hardee's nearby should be cause for celebration. There's two near me, about a half-mile from each other.

Ugh. Double Ugh. Quadruple Ugh. I'm a fast-food built fatty boom batty and I can't stomach the thought of Hardees.

Although I did have a thickburger once that didn't suck.

Draft saved Draft deleted