1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buffalo Wild Wings is coming to Canada.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Aug 29, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

the mini corn dogs at BW3 are fantastic. Or were, I guess. Haven't had them in a while.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They remain absolutely awesome.

Count me as someone who actually really likes BW3, and I'm not necessarily a big chain guy. I love the boneless wings, and I think the sauces all have a nice mix of flavor and kick. Also love their Buffalo chips with cheddar. Place is always clean. Service seems pretty good wherever I've gone. I do agree that the TVs aren't always well-placed, and it's annoying sometimes to have to ask some perky blonde teen-ager to put the game on that they freaking advertise on the marquee.

But overall, I really enjoy the food and atmosphere.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

It will be on the corner of Crystal Drive and 23rd Street, which is about 2 blocks from the Crystal City Sports Pub.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sorry, but like a "short-sleeved dress shirt" there's no such thing as a "boneless wing."

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Well, whatever you want to call them, they are good.

Heavily breaded chicken nuggets?

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You know what else is weird, people are eating chicken wings so much now, that they are becoming more expensive thant the "boneless wing." So the garbage throwaway parts are now costing us more money, because we are stupid and want to eat it more than more quality stuff that is also heavily breaded and loaded with sauce.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Wild Wing Cafe is great, but it doesn't have a lot of locations. A few years ago they were only in the Carolinas with a couple of locations in Virginia, but I just checked the Web site and there are now places in Georgia, Tennessee and one in Texas, so they are expanding a little.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So who is else is getting Wings for lunch today?

I've got to get out of here, and now I'm trying to think of what Wing places are near where I'm going.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not so sure, mustang. I saw an ad for Mac-Donald's 20-piece nuggets for $4.99.

That's a whole lot of garbage throwaway parts (plus plenty of other mystery ingredients) for not much money. Still, I'll pass. :p

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Buffalo Wild Wings is not as bad as Hitler.

Well, unless you are a chicken, I suppose.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I'm fairly pro-B-Dubs (I didn't drink in college, so this had all the comfort of the local sports bar without the drunk people), but they just opened one near my hometown and I'd definitely believe that wings have gotten smaller and prices have gone up. Further, my folks and little brother went there over the weekend and hated it.

Still, I'd love it if they showed up in my current town.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

This. A thousand times, THIS.

Draft saved Draft deleted