1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buffalo Wild Wings is coming to Canada.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Do they still serve 'weck? That was the third 'W' in 'BW3'.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

A friend of mine and his wife reserved a table at the local BWW last week and I was going to join them after my game. I got a text message for a change in venue. It turned out the store had a drink limit and wouldn't serve beers less than 20 minutes apart.

Putting customers on a stopwatch? Fuck that shit.

It could well have been that the store got busted for overserving, but for the first couple of beers? C'mon.

Their food is overpriced and not that great, too.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No wecks.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was saying. If you're going to open a "sports bar" can you please hire a manager who follows sports and is capable of putting live sports on the TV.

It's so frustrating to go into a sports bar and not be able to watch the game while they've got poker on or some other non-live broadcast.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

From what I hear, they're building a BW3 in Crystal City soon. It's been a couple years since I've been to one, but I'm certainly looking forward to it.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OK, I'll give: What's wecks?

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Kummelweck - the greatest sandwich ever devised by humankind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_on_weck_sandwich

http://schwabls.com/ is to 'weck as Duff's is to wings.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'll agree with those who say they were better some years back. Leg night was great because I could take my kids and their buddies and feed a bunch of them pretty cheap. Now the wings (10 cents on wing night) cost almost as much as the legs did then.

As for Quaker Steak, I loved them at PNC Park last summer. One just opened here. Went once, for all you can eat ($11.99) night, and it was quite good. Wings were big, well-sauced and tasty. I'm slowing down, though. I only did 28.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Driving to US Cellular FIeld the other day, I drove by a place that looked like Buffalo Wild Wings, but the logo was off.

I googled it when I got home & it's a knockoff called Buffalo Wings & Rings. It got bad reviews on Yelp, but oddly, I still want to check it out.

There was one Quaker Steak nearby when I lived in Florida as well as a couple of Hooters knockoffs, Wing House and Mugs 'N Jugs.

I liked Wing House. Full bar, all the games, and cute bartenders/waitresses. It's owned by former NFL player Crawford Ker. It's suck a rip off of Hooters -- from the uniforms to the heavily shellacked blond wood tables -- that Hooters sued. But not only did Wing House win the suit -- apparently you can't copyright a restaurant concept -- but Hooters had to pay them for filing a frivolous law suit.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Wild Wing Cafe is my favorite of the chain wing places. Good prices, big wings.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I also don't enjoy going there for games because I want to be comfortable. Many of the places near me have new plasmas, but you can't always see them from where you are sitting. The bar is usually a good choice, but if you are with a group that's not an option. I also hate sitting at high tables, on those huge bar stools, or on any bar stool for that matter. It's uncomforable. Figure out a way to have booths that face televisions. Put in a few couches - they have 'em at other bars. Make it a good fan experience. Also, I contend that since this place is essentially "America's Sports Bar" they should have popcorn and hot dogs on the menu.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I really wonder what the corporate folks at B-dubs would think about a site of sportsjournalists disliking their franchise?

Draft saved Draft deleted