1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buffalo Wild Wings - and Heads

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Thanks. I googled and found a bunch of Rousseau stuff and gave up.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Incorrect. Hooters has the best wings. Even independent of the other accoutrement.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Why aren't we talking about what a huge pussy that Cook is for getting lemon pepper wings?

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Because, at the moment, huge pussy talk is limited to the golf thread.

exmediahack likes this.
  6. I never eat in B-Dubs (it is a terrible place to try to watch something), but I routinely pick up an order on Sunday for football. I love the Asian Zing and Mango Habanero.
    My two oldest prefer the honey mustard, and the three BBQ favors.

And the wings are boneless, same price as bone in.

And Hooters wings are Ok.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What makes it terrible to watch something?

I hate the food but you can get any game you want there.

8. Actually, you can't.
    The last time we went there to eat was after church - during the final round of the British Open.
    They didn't have it on a single TV, opting instead to show ESPN, NFLN, a soccer game or two and a bunch of talking heads. I asked our server if she could put on the Open. She said yes, but it never happened.

If I liked to watch sporting events with a crowd of friends that would great.
    When I want to watch UFC fights,. B-Dubs is where I go, thought that usually results in staying up until 1:30 in the morning.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The crowd and noise makes it unpleasant place to watch a game.

Also, boneless wings are lame. Real wings only, please.

expendable likes this.
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

My wife and I took our girls -- 7 and 2.5 -- to Buffalo Wild Wings last week because we were told it was kid-friendly. It was, with iPad like things given to the kids to keep them occupied. But the food pretty much was unremarkable, like, after you leave you wonder, Why the hell did I just drop $50 here? And with all those TVs, the atmosphere is jarring. The whole experience is way less fun than it likes to bill itself.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Used to go when the local BWW had daily specials, like 50-cent wings on Tuesdays. They may still have them, but I haven't gone there in probably 5 or 6 years.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

But don't you get that at any bar or restaurant you go to watch games at!

Draft saved Draft deleted