1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Budget talks: This is getting nasty

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

You think the GOP gives a shit?

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Really I don't think anyone in Washington gives a shit.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

BO held his tongue when O'Really interrupted him dozens of times during their one-on-one . . .
    of course, when Mr. O'NoPeabody doesn't control the microphone and the flow, his preferred
    confrontational gambits are far less effective. . .

4. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Because most of the "majority" has no earthly idea as to what not raising the debt limit means. The public is not educated on this issue, so you get BS polls that say people aren't in favor of raising the debt limit, polls conducted in a theoretical vacuum.

I guaranfuckingtee that if you let people know the consequence of not raising the debt limit, and the ramifications it means to them, they'd come around real quickly.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

This one is interesting. As a country, do we hate each other so much that we are willing to do ourselves in?

7. Boom_70

The debt ceiling is a trumped up politically motivated issue.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Is there a case for revolution if there isn't a deal to be made? I'm for the notion that the authority of the federal government to exist is voided if supply can't be maintained.

9. printdust

printdust New Member

Again I say: Look at their fatass pension plans. Look at their insurance. Look at their lifestyles. And they point at civil service pensions, teacher pensions, etc., etc., as waste. Yet never, and I mean never, have I heard a word from either side of the aisle saying, "you know, we're living off the taxpayers like it's 1925 or 1955. We're asking for sacrifice and yet what are we doing as leaders to set the example?" Not a FUCKING THING!! Let me say that again. NOT A FUCKING THING! They both allow the top 1 percent loopholes the size of Siberia to slip through. The colonists revolted on shit like this. What are we doing? I sent a note to every one of my state's representatives last night challenging them on this, "calling them out" to show some real courage worthy of a leader. If I'd sent this as a Syrian to Assad, I'd be hung today. I didn't mince words. I challenged their character.

I can support a commander who stands with us on the lines rather than holed up in some office, sipping chateau lafite. Yes, it may be pennies on the big picture budget, but by not doing it proves how out of touch they are and as boom said, that they truly don't give a shit. Every one of you who do op-ed for a living should call these bastards out on it.

10. Boom_70

The Tea Party would certainly agree with you.

I am of the mind set that the general populace needs to start showing benign indifference towards Washington and get on with our lives.

Don't go to rallies, don't donate money to campaigns, Perhaps not even vote. Sort of a passive aggressive way to get a message to Washington how irrelevant that they have become.

11. printdust

printdust New Member

And what will that accomplish? The johns get to keep more of their money and not pay the "elected" prostitutes, who don't have to work as hard for common votes?

12. Boom_70

You will be able to live your life without worrying about something you don't have a lot of control of anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted