1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buddhism worship.....from a locked thread.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Of all the people in this thread to say knows nothing on this, I would be the last person you should pick seeing as I am married to a Buddhist. I've been to a temple in NYC, Shanghai and Beijing.

I've walked through them on New Year's Day in China and eaten the tofu duck and burrito food they serve in the cafeterias. I've stuffed money into fish, through money through statues and kneeled in a room decorated to the nines with about 365 gold Buddhas circulating me. I've even burnt money as part of a Buddhist funeral.

But, you... you of all the people here are going to claim you know more about this than me? Are you on fucking crack?

You know zero on this topic. In fact, you know less than zero on this. You have no idea what goes on in a temple. You have no idea who people are praying to. You have no idea why people are praying to different Buddhas at different times.

Give.
    It.
    A.
    Rest.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

My mom says that there's only one real Buddha and the rest are just his helpers.

But, what does she know? She's Cajun.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Scribe has the power of Wikipedia at his disposal. He knows more about your wife's religion than she does. Just ask him.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Yay everybody, let's question another religion to ease our insecurities! Fun for all!

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Anybody care to Shinto?

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Bad threads make Horny cry and BBJ whine for penalties.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Horny generally goes on a big poking spree when things like this happen. If you feel a prick, just know that Horny loves you.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Should I even bother to read the locked thread to find out what this is all about?

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

She's kind of upset with us right now. She's turned red and everthing.

[​IMG]

BBJ better score tonight, or she's a gonna smite somebody.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Be patient. You'll feel a prick soon. Horny still loves you.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hey Scribe,

That's twice now you've had your tail handed to you for speaking with "authority" on a topic about which, it turns out, you have no actual knowledge. Twice in three days. Wanna try for a third?

Or maybe you could try to make a legitimate point somewhere along the way.

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I think your mom's thinking of Cajun Cris Cringle...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.