1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bud Light Salutes You -- the Alabama football fan

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Good stuff.

Did you go live with the uncle as a boy? Then one night you were awakened by a sound and saw your uncle slaughtering a lamb and you ran and ran and ran.

Is that why you hate the South. At night do you still hear that lamb screaming?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sir, would you write my poll story next week? It is truly an honor to read your spewing bile... ;)

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, something like that... That, or I root for the most of the same teams that I rooted for as a kid...

4. Just outstanding.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

There are also no pro teams in Iowa, the Dakotas, Wyoming, Idaho, New Mexico, Maine, Vermont, and Nebraska. Unless you count the Huskers as a pro team...

6. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I decided not long that one of my new goals in life (yes, it's a minor one) is to have Pete Stacker do my voice mail greeting...

7. There's not a lot of anything in those states.

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I did too. Sang it to myself. Even the backup parts :(

Very funny. The bit about the toilet paper was terrific.

And nice work Bubbler.

9. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

duuuuude ... I so know that guy in the song.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'm just pointing that out for clarification, Newbie. Besides I live in Iowa and there's nothing but drama in when it comes to the Hawkeyes and Cyclones.

Bubbler wants his beer. Go fetch 'em!

11. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Might be a Southern thing for colleges, and having spent a few years in Georgia, I absolutely grew to loathe everything red and black, or yellow and black for that matter. But it isn't just the South. I'm not too far from Lambeau Field these days, and you have big-shot executives walking around in their Packers golf shirts and wearing Packers leather letterman jackets.

Then again, the Packers are the state's other Division I football team, or so it feels that way.

Draft saved Draft deleted