1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bud Light Salutes You -- the Alabama football fan

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Oct 9, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bud Light Salutes the Crimson and White

Announcer: Today we salute you, Mr. Delusional, Irrational Alabama redneck football Fan....

Announcer: Season after season, year after year, you try to justify how Bama is back and ask why aren't we ranked higher.
    Backup singer: Why aren't we number one??

Announcer: You scramble to make futile attempts explaining why the Tide cannot keep a coach longer than it takes Bear Bryant to take a dump

Backup singer: Hope he wipes my face with his toilet paper!

Announcer: Inevitably, you'll bring up the past, and boast of championships won 20 years before you were born.
    Backup singer: We wore leather helmets!!

Announcer: You will point out that you have dominated college football and won 12 national championships.

Backup singer: So does Minnesota and Harvard!

Announcer: Be proud that the last seven years Alabama is eighth in the conference in SEC wins going 26-30.

Backup Singer: That's two more than Ole Miss!!!

Announcer: Go on, ignore that home loss to La Tech, Central Florida, Northern Illinois along with never beating Auburn in Tuscaloosa .

Backup Singer: That's what I call a home field advantage.

Announcer: And lets not forget not beating the "mediocre" team from the same state in the last 5 years.

Backup singer: That's about 2200 days since a win!!

Announcer: And continue to believe that you'll actually win a National Championship in three years with Savior O Saban

Backup singer: Not worth the 32 million with no buyout clause!!!

Announcer: So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, oh Emperor of Excuses, and take comfort knowing that when you don't finish in the top 25, you'll be guaranteed to be back to championship status when the season comes back around next year.

Backup singer: Mr. Delusional, Irrational and Hopelessly Pathetic Crimson Tide Fannnnnnn!

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Slappy, did you write that?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Can't take credit for this one; was sent as an email to work tonight, I thought I'd share with the class.

There's a picture too that I'll sharew with the class when I get home.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Damn, was that funny, and sadly, I read it as if the music was playing.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I knew you were funny, but didn't think you were that funny.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Sadly, Doc and I just acted it out.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Whatever floats your married boat. I have no business stopping you from your roleplays.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Good idea, but way, way too much back-up singer. The back-up singer is sort of like the effeminete (sic) guy in Airplane... you never quite see him coming, and the stuff he says is always top notch.

But that's just a style issue. Otherwise, good stuff.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Apparently, the email didnt make it home... have to send the photo tomorrow...

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

All that's missing is the several made-up national championships they count in their "12."

Yeah, and Little Hammer Pants is "12" inches long.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Actually, it's two home losses to Louisiana Tech (though one was in Birmingham).

12. That's great.

Draft saved Draft deleted