1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bud Light Lime

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ace, Feb 8, 2016.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I am not a beer snob. Shit, I drink Miller Lite in mass quantities. But Buck's pop is correct. Good beer shouldn't need added garnishes. And the only beer I've had that is close to the disgust level of BLL is Leiney's Summer Shandy. Brutal. BLL might be the only cold beer Ive ever actually poured out.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a bad analogy at all.
    There are some very serious teas and tea drinkers. People often add milk or sugar or lemon to their Earl Grey.
    If I go to Ruth's Chris or another nice steakhouse, I'm probably adding pepper to my steak.
    Germans make a radler by mixing 50% hefeweizen with 50% lemonade.
    The Belgians brew some beers with fruit, but I don't usually care for those styles. Not all lambics, krieks or framboise have fruit, I understand that.
    Anyway, if I'm having a garnish with a beer, it's almost always a lime, and I'd rather add the fruit ionstead of having it brewed into the beer.
    Fresh cracked pepper can also be a nice garnish from some pale ales.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I agree that Leiny's Summer Shandy is vile, but it based on the idea of the radler, which people drink in Germany.
    I love beer, but the idea that adding a lime to a Tecate or a Sierra Nevada Pale ale is somehow just wrong is beyond me.

I lime with a seltzer or a cola is nice, too.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I like ice cream, and some times I put whipped cream on it.
    Not always, but some times.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

In the running for worst beer I've ever had:[​IMG]

6. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

So many hardos on this thread.
    If you like sweet, BLL is fine. I enjoy it.
    Now if you want to talk about gross shit, let's talk about Nestle brand water.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I would never add a lime to a Sierra Nevada. It's a very good beer without it. I don't think it's wrong to add lime to a Tecate...that's just a Hispanic thing. But I also think Tecate is good without it. And I wouldn't drink a Corona WITHOUT a lime. Because it's shit beer. I understand citrus can enhance the flavor. I just don't usually need it. But I don't judge people who like it. I just agree with Pop's outlook.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem adding fresh citrus to a beer--lime to a corona or orange to a heff--but I have issue with the artificial lime in BLL.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I enjoy Summer Shandy (and orange Shandy too), and don't enjoy all the craft beer that now pretty much dominates every bar in my state. To each his own.

10. I never understood drinking Mexican beer. I won't drink any beer brewed in a country where they tell you not to drink the water.

That said, I used to love BLL. Not so much anymore.

I drink Heineken Light almost exclusively.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Philistine. At it's worst, OV is light years ahead of Stroh's.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That's for drinking water out of the tap. Beer water is boiled, thus chasing revenge seeking Montezuma away.

Draft saved Draft deleted