1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bud Light Lime

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ace, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I earned new respect for Bud Light Lime the other night.

I was at a party where the bottle beers were free, but I would be driving later. I had a few longnecks then decided to try to the Bud Light Lime that was the only one left in the ice bucket at that moment.

That beer did a terrific job of making me not want to drink any more beer the rest of the night, and I was able to drive home safe and sober.

Thanks, BLL!

HanSenSE and Lugnuts like this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It truly is disgusting.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This [​IMG]

beats the hell out of

[​IMG]

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I love lime.
    I love beer.
    I like beer with lime.
    I don't not like Bud Light Lime.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Why would you ever put a lime in beer?

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

For the same reason that you'd put clam juice in it. Because you're addled.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

A lime with an ice-cold Tecate on a hot day? that's delicious and refreshing.

SnarkShark likes this.
  8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Between Bud Lime, Helen Mirren's nonsensical PSA and Peyton Manning pissing away $3M in free advertising, why would anyone ever want to drink Bud again ?

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I used to have this exchange with my father frequently - about garnishing beers, that is, not about Helen Mirren and Peyton Manning.
    I wouldn't have a lime with every beer. I don't want to put lime in my Stone smoked porter or Founder's ReDankulous red IPA.
    And I don't care for most flavored beers or krieks or lambics. Not usually my thing.
    But I do like a lime with certain beers on occasion.

My father would say 'If the beer's any good you don't need to put stuff in it.'
    And I'd say 'Did you put milk and sugar in your tea this morning? Did you put milk in with your shredded wheat? Is mom just going to throw a chuck roast into the pressure cooker on Sunday or is she going to add some other things when she makes your pot roast? Do you put salt and pepper on a steak?'

At that point, he would complain about Donovan McNabb or Ted Kennedy or say Ryan Howard strikes out too much.

Brian, Lugnuts, Huggy and 3 others like this.
  10. justgladtobehere

Those are horrible analogies. Beer is the product of a recipe that someone crafted to produce a specific taste. It's not a hunk of unseasoned meat or a crappy coffee that needs its flaws covered up.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

A lime with a frigging Corona isn't the end of the world.

Beer snobs are the worst.

12. justgladtobehere

Corona is crap when brewed and crap when served because it's lightstruck. It's awful and the lime is there only to hide it's awfulness. Go on drinking it, but there are beers crafted to be light and refreshing without needing a lime to cover up its flaws.

BDC99 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted