1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bud Black puts Milton Bradley at Risk

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Sep 24, 2007.

1. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Excuse me.

When I saw the TV video, I was struck by the way Bud Black did a takedown on Bradley, when he couldn't get him to back off, and by the way Bradley's knee was obviously bent. I have to say, I think Bradley put himself at risk, not Bud Black. But Black did quite a takedown on him. (Sorry for d_b'ing myself; different thread.)

Is Bud Black at fault in any way? If yes, what should he have done? Bradley didn't criticize Black in the video I saw. He did mention his knee, but it was all about the first base umpire.

Now, what the Player's Union or an attorney may do, that remains to be seen.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Jack, at Risk was a board game reference - Milton Bradley, board game...ok, must not have been funny.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

And the biggest point you are missing is I do not need to explain anything to you, nor will it ever happen.
    You've gotten good at telling people either explain themselves or don't post on a thread, so never play the victim and claim that no one can look at your side. We don't need to, you can post opinions as much as the next person, just don't demand an explanation if it's not in step with you.

4. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I missed that reference. Something must have been distracting me. :p

5. boots

boots New Member

Yo dude, what's with the hostility? Again, you're taking this waaaayyyy too personally. You do it too much and quite frankly, it's old.
    You can't back your statement up. Cool. But don't try to turn it into something that it's not. I didn't tell you what to post or what not to post or anything like that.
    What you don't like is that I called you on this situation, you couldn't respond, and took it personally and tried to turn this into something that its not. And trying to turn it into a boots the victim thread or the board vs. boots, is too easily done.
    Those are the facts Mark. Now speaking personally, I think your opinion of Bradley is clouding this latest episode.
    Hopefully, you will see where I'm coming from. If not, so be it.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

I have no hostility, just frustration at your pathetic, tired old act.
    I do not need to back up what I say. It's my opinion, it'll be that way without justification to you.
    It's not that I can't respond, but won't to you.
    Those are the facts.
    If you had seen where I'm coming from long time ago, it wouldn't be you falling into your usual pattern.

7. boots

boots New Member

The pattern my friend is that you take these messages waaay too personal. Those are the facts. I could care less if you agree or disagree with me.
    You're too emotional over issues. You're upset because I asked you to explain yourself.
    Hey, I'm through with it.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

And you have no right to ask me to explain myself.
    And you said earlier this summer I'm not your friend....which is it?

:D

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Can someone ask Milton if he believes in dinosaurs?

10. boots

boots New Member

Mark, I just asked you to look at the situation differently. You chose not to. I'm leaving it alone.
    Friend is such a strong word. We have never broken bread together. We have never seen each other. We're not going for my definition of friend today.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

And you summed up your act here.
    Do not ask anyone to look at things differently. It's presumptuous, it's rude, it's arrogant and close-minded just because the opinion doesn't agree with yours.

I'm done on this one for now, my 14-month old woke up after napping on me for 2 hours.
    Life is good.

12. boots

boots New Member

Mark, Life is good. God is good.
    I can't call you a friend because I don't know you.
    I hope that clears things up.

Draft saved Draft deleted