1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bud Black puts Milton Bradley at Risk

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Sep 24, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BBN_MILTON_BRADLEY?SITE=PAPIT&SECTION=SPORTS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Over under on the lawsuit if he's out for the season?

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Black should have let Milty go......Winters would have beat his ass.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

If you can play video, this one is worth it.
    Milton is nuts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3033615&categoryId=2378529

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Milton Bradley needs a Clue.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Is that former Yankee coaching first for the Pads? The same Bobby Meacham who was one of two runners thrown out at the plate one one play? Why's he telling guys how to run the bases?

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Bradley did go nuts, but it did sound like the first-base umpire was being a jerk.

7. boots

boots New Member

Why is he nuts? Because he told a story that according to others is the truth?
    The problem Mark is that there are people such as yourself have formulated an opinion on Bradley because of his "reputation." It's not fair to the guy. He's no angel, but in my opinion, calling him nuts is wrong.
    Just a suggestion here but how about trading places with the guy before issuing such a stinging comment. That might prevent a wrong rush to judgment.
    Just one guy's opinion.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

He's nuts, more than one guy's opinion.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Nuts or not, I believe Bradley. Mike Winters is a fucking asshole and needs to get a long suspension for this bullshit. I always thought one of an umpire's jobs was to diffuse potentially ugly situations, not stir up shit.

I guess they don't teach that at Harry Wendelstadt's school anymore.

10. boots

boots New Member

Mark, what makes this guy nuts over this particualr situation? Don't go talking about other things that have happened. We know there were strange instances.
    We're talking about the this episode.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Milton's problem is that he overreacts to everything.
    That said, the umpires need knocked down a peg or two. They have an inability to diffuse a situation, and usually go out of their way to aggravate it.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

You just keep being contrary for the sake of being contrary.

Draft saved Draft deleted