1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bucks fire coach . . .

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Apr 17, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

and sportschick weeps. I still love you, Larry!

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Look at it this way, SC. At least he has a chance to find a spot with more job security. :-\

3. mdpoppy

mdpoppy Member

Like newspapers!

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Good riddance.

5. mdpoppy

mdpoppy Member

More cheese for us.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The Bucks are so damn full of fail.

There was a time when they were right there with the Brewers and Packers in terms of my fanboi devotion. Marques Johnson, Sidney Moncrief, Junior Bridgeman, Brian Winters and Paul Pressey were all childhood heroes.

Now, they barely register.

It's a shame, because when I lived in Milwaukee, the city lived and died with them.

This would be at least the third time they've blown it up since the 1980s. Other than that brief Ray Allen-Glenn Robinson-Sam Cassell period of prosperity from 1999-2001, none of it has worked.

And no one cares.

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I'll second that...

Although, you forgot Terry Cummings :)

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Larry Harris was an abysmal GM and Larry K. never had the respect of the team. There are maybe two guys you'd want to keep: Bogut and Yi. Of course, I have no clue how the GM is going to clean up this mess, which includes a number of horrible contracts. Good luck to you, John Hammond. I'm not sure anyone would wish to be in Detroit, but in a few months he might wonder why he left.

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

That's a stupid fucking thing to say. Yeah, I'm sure all kinds of people would hate working for a first-class operation that's not even in Detroit, but rather a suberb.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You wouldn't keep Michael Redd?

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I meant the city, not the team. Poorly worded by me, but thanks for your overreaction.

Draft saved Draft deleted