1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Bucket of chicken"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Not sure if this was mentioned on the NFL thread, but Terry Bradshaw said on Sunday during halftime that Reggie Bush was running "like he was chasing a bucket of chicken."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/11/04/nfl-bradshaw-bush-chicken/1681911/

I imagine there will be fallout. I heard him say it, but the way he directed it at Jimmy Johnson and everyone laughed, I thought I had missed some non-racial context. Guess not.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

Sounded like he was telling Jimmy "like YOU were chasing that bucket of chicken that the wind was blowing the other day."

I assumed it was some sort of inside joke and he was making fun of Jimmy.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's right. I couldn't remember exactly what made me feel like I had missed something.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Terry Bradshaw couldn't spell chicken if you spotted him the H-I-C-K.

5. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Terry Bradshaw took on Roger Staubach in a wings eating contest, beat him both times.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm concerned.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

When I heard it live I thought he was talking about Jimmy chasing the chicken.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Keep fucking that chicken, Terry.

9. joe king

joe king Active Member

I'm outraged about your concern.

Or maybe I should be concerned about Creosote's outrage.

10. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

This thread-title made me think of the scene from Bad News Bears, when the team -- Engelberg the catcher holding a bucket of Kentucky Fried -- barges in on Amanda's ballet class.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Perhaps he meant to say choking the chicken....

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It WAS directed at Johnson and it WAS an inside joke.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/05/terry-bradshaw-jimmy-johnson-racism-chasing-chicken-comment-fox-nfl-sunday-reggie-bush/

Lesson learned (as if it hadn't been before): Live TV is not the place for in jokes the fans watching won't get.

Draft saved Draft deleted