1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bucket list of places to visit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 6, 2012.

1. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

I'm in on the 50 states thing, too, CrimsonAce. I'm into the 40s now, the only one I've missed west of the Mississip' is North Dakota. Still missing a few others like West Virginia.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Skipped the Great Wall but did the Forbidden City and Tiananmen while I was in Beijing. It wasn't all that fun an experience, but that may have been because it was December and the smog was out that day. The Summer Palace was great.

If that airport was Narita, it was only nominally Tokyo. I'd recommend flying into Haneda now that it's taking international flights -- you can save yourself at least an hour of commuting to the city center.

3. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

A couple of posts mention Croatia. Big thumbs up for Dubrovnic, Croatia. Beautiful city.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

1. Denmark
    2. Cuba
    3. Vancouver, B.C.
    4. The Kentucky Derby
    5. New Orleans

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Lots of interest for Cuba on here, can't recommend this strongly enough.

Havana is a great city and definitely worth seeing before there are KFC and McDonalds signs (or any signs for that matter) anywhere.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Was in Dubrovnik in the early 70's when it was part of Yugoslovia. Unbelievably beautiful back then (before it got bombed)
    Meant to spend a couple of nights. Stayed a week.

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Planning another getaway and remembered this thread.

Considering going horseback riding in Mongolia. Sounds awesome. It's a day in a national park there.

Looking forward to Bhutan at the end of October, too.

8. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

There is an awesome article on horseback riding Mongolia written by a son who takes his dying Dad. Worth checking out.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sports Division (no particular order)

Winnipeg Jets game
    Cubs game
    All 4 tennis Grand Slams in one year
    Man U v. Man City

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

ColdCat is crossing off spike's bucket list.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I really kind of dug the parts of Slovenia I saw during the travel reels of of Tina Maze in the Winter Olympics. It really seems to be the rare part of Europe that wasn't destroyed during WWI or WWII, and it's geographic location makes it kind of the crossroads of Europe, it's been under the thumb of just about every despot who rose to power at one time or another.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Drinking rosé under a Super Moon in the traditional fishing town of Pollonia in Milos.

Draft saved Draft deleted