1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bucket list of places to visit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Croatia, Greek island of Santorini (want to ride a donkey there), Cuba, Bequia, St. Barths, Normandy, Jost Van Dyke.

2. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Went to Antartica on a cruise ship in Jan 2000. If it was not the best trip of my life, it was certainly in the top three.

3. jackfinarelli

Also a great trip. While you are in the neighborhood, tack on a trip to the Galapagos. Really special...

4. jackfinarelli

I have been to 49 of the 50 states so a visit to North Dakota is on my list just to "check that box".

Other places I would like to see:

Lhasa, Tibet
    Nova Scotia - - for the third time
    Portugal/Gibraltar
    Monaco
    Switzerland
    Norway/Sweden/Finland

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

That's Leningrad to you running dog lackey imperialist pigs!

Oh, and it was quite beautiful many years ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland. First Viking settlement in North America. Not an easy trip.

Belle Ile en Mer---off the coast of Brittany. HC will give me a guided tour.

Paris--again. I was there for three weeks as a 21 year old. Want to go back.

Stockholm

Whitehorse, Yukon

Tofino, Vancouver Island

Mumbai

Anywhere with HC.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Be careful there. I hear that town can make a hard man humble.

8. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

I went to Angkor Wat in the '90s and I only saw one other group of foreign tourists the entire time we were there. It was just us and Angkor Wat, no barriers, no boundaries, you and history. Any tour guide there can take you to innumerable ruins in the jungle in various states of being overgrown, and those are fascinating as well. That was a trip I had wanted to take for many years and I am glad I made it happen.

I would still recommend it no matter how many people are going now.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales

Hawaii

Australia

Italy

Germany

Newfoundland

All of Scandinavia

Alaska

Would love to get back to the Canadian Maritimes, was there 20 years ago and loved every minute of it

Switzerland

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

St. Peter's Basilica/Square

San Ignacio Lagoon, Baja

Alaska

Australia

On safari in Africa

(Yes, I am a bit of a wildlife/conservation/nature enthusiast).

P.S.: Upon reading waterytart's and KJIM's posts, I have to admit that I had to look up Angkor Wat to find out what/where it was. After doing so, I've decided that it has to be among my bucket-list places, too. :)

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I love Belfast and think it's a great city, but I'm surprised you'd put it up that high. (I still haven't done the black taxi tour there, and that needs to change.)

Spent only a day in Dublin, but think it's kind of overrated and way too trendy. I'm sure I'd feel differently if I'd hit it up 10 or 15 years earlier.

Some of my list:

-- Antartica would be neat, just to say I've gone
    -- Italy
    -- Japan, always was fascinated by making a trip to Asia and Tokyo in particular

12. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Been on the Great Wall and to the Forbidden City/Tiananmen Square. Ridden in a bus on the street where the tank guy did his thing. Became a parent the next day. That was a big weekend :).

I've been to Tokyo, but only to the airport. Would like to go back. Plan to be in Seoul at some undisclosed time in the future expanding my family.

Have a desire to hit all 50 states and spend significant time in NYC and LA -- I've spent a ton in Chicago.

Also all 30 MLB ballparks (all 30 NHL arenas would be cool, too, but the bulk of my work happens during hockey season).

Drive the original National Road from end-to-end (I've done about 30% of it -- every mile in Indiana and quite a few in Illinois and Ohio). Also, drive Route 66 from end-to-end.

Train through the Canadian Rockies.

Draft saved Draft deleted