1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bubby Brister is back with the Week 6 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 7, 2014.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Yeah....definitely. But if at altitude a 50 yard kick kicks like a 45 and a 45 kicks like a 40, it might help accuracy too. But then home was also outside and road games would at least include some in friendly dome confines. Anyway...didn't have time to look at his distance splits in road v. home.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Sorry, at the time PFR posted it, Cutler didn't rank that high yet. So he is tops -- and it's still the worst among any jersey number.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In any case he should be approximately eleventy gazillion times better than the cavalcade of clowns the Lions had been running out there.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Even those guys they had couldn't keep being as bad as they'd been playing. No one could.....sheesh.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have the day off, so I did :)
    Since joining the Broncos in 2008, here's Prater's splits on field goal attempts of 40 or more yards:

Home: 29-for-41
    Away: 25-for-36
    Dome: 12-for-14 (seven games, including one where he didn't attempt a FG)
    Away, non-dome: 13-for-22

Looking at them, I think he's been remarkably consistent. He's at 70.7 percent at home from distance, and 69.4 percent on the road. He's had some rough patches in each location (6-for-11 at home in 2008, and a combined 7-for-14 on the road in 2011 and 2012) that even dragged his percentages down. He was 7-for-7 on the road and 14-of-15 overall in 2013.
    The splits I found also didn't include attempts from 60-plus in their own category. He's obviously made a couple of those, but a couple of the misses might fall into that column too, so it probably balances out in the end.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Re: NFL Week 6

C.J. Spillman, the Cowboys player who is being investigated on sexual assault charges, was investigated last year while playing for ... yep, you guessed it, the 49ers.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/cowboys-spillman-faces-new-woes-police-accused-rape-2013-article-1.1966987

Last December the woman told police in Santa Clara, Calif., that Spillman, now a special teams player with the Dallas Cowboys, groped her and tried to rip off her pants after she gave him in a sports massage at her studio. He also pinned her on the ground and tried to put his penis in her mouth, the woman said, according to a police report.

“He was trying to rape me!” the alleged victim told police.

Spillman vehemently denied the woman’s account when interviewed by police a few days after the incident. He acknowledged that he had fondled her through her clothing but said it was consensual and did nothing “forceful.” He said he did not demand oral sex.

“He said he did not pin her down,” police said in the report.

Spillman was never charged as a result of the report the woman filed with Santa Clara police.

Shockingly enough, this was yet another case prosecutors didn't see fit to pursue. No word yet on how many Santa Clara police officers are also on the 49ers' payroll. (The 20 San Jose cops who also work for the 49ers wouldn't have been patrolling this suburb.)

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

AP should have called Onterrio Smith.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/prosecutors-want-adrian-peterson-arrested-again-after-marijuana-admission-195631793.html

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Kaepernick fined $10,000 for wearing Beats by Dre to press conference. Bose is a league sponsor.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_26696314/49ers-kaepernick-fined-wearing-beats-by-dre-not

As noted by several tweeters, that's $1,500 more than Julius Thomas got for trying to end Calais Campbell's career.

The fucking people who run that league.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bump....'cause screw Sunshine for spitting in the face of SportsJournalists.com tradition.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, look. My stalker is playing with Google Images again.

Other posters made the exact same point and fart boy didn't care. He really should stop obsessing about me.

Also, I'm right and fart boy knows it.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Dude, you have such a boner for me you would know whether I ate all of my onion rings today or not.
    Go stalk someone who might reward your devotion.
    Mr. Sunshine created a Steeler-free thread- I see nothing wrong with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted