1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bubby Brister is back with the Week 6 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 7, 2014.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Re: NFL Week 6

If there is one NFL thread by then, which there should be (the other one since it was first), that is where you will be able to find it. If there are two for some odd reason, I'll bounce around just to keep everybody happy. Thank you for your support. :)

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

But he wasn't nearly as much fun as Bubby.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'm going to cast a write-in vote for Dr. J.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

According to Pro Football Reference's measurements, Bubby was the best to ever wear No. 6.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=3212

Also by Pro Football Reference's measurements, Bubby has the lowest rating of any best-player-by-uniform-number.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

What am I missing? JaMarcus Russell never wore No. 6.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You are correct. I blame the Internet. But Twitter would've gotten it right.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Out of that group or ever? Surely Bubby isn't considered a better quarterback than Jay Cutler?

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In a move that probably adds about 5 points to the over-under of Sunday's game at Minnesota, the Lions sign Matt Prater to kick.

(On the other hand, Calvin Johnson is likely to sit out at least this week's game with a high ankle sprain, which probably cuts about 12 points off the over-under.)

Now, if Prater will just lay off the sauce.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Re: NFL Week 6

Perhaps tonight will be the first good Thursday game of the season. I can't see Fitzpatrick outdueling Luck, but the Colts make every game (not against the Jaguars) interesting.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

So I was curious if he had significant home-road splits, since he was kicking in Denver. But turns out, he was a better kicker on the road (by a few tenths of a percentage point) than he was at home. For all intents and purposes an 83% FG kicker in any place.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Altitude likely helped his range way more than his accuracy.

12. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted