1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bubbler and BYH weep: Casey Kasem's last countdown is this weekend

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 3, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

http://franklinavenue.blogspot.com/2009/06/casey-kasem-stops-countin-them-down.html

Hopefully Casey will keep his feet on the ground and keep reachin' for the stars.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Re: Bubbler and BYH weep: Casey Kasem has counted 'em down for the final time

I thought you were telling us he was dead.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

This is hilarious.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Okay, because you know, we have a running thread for this stuff now. 8)

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Well now when I read it, I think Casey Kasem is going to die next week.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And 2mcm will see to it.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Phew. I thought this meant XM was getting rid of his old countdowns, which would have sent me into a murderous rage.

Still a big Casey fan, but those current countdowns were just awful...mostly b/c the death of radio means he's playing the same 20 fucking songs every week. I think "Coming Out Of The Dark" is no. 18 this week.

It didn't help that he had a four-hour block for 20 songs, which meant a million "this week back in 1972..." and "long-distance dedications from people who haven't found Facebook and discovered how easy it is to send a goddamn link to your ex" segments.

I hope he really is busy, but this does feel like him getting nudged out b/c he's old and the idiot powers that be think that nobody listens to him anymore. Which they might be right about, unfortunately.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

Only if Mrs. Kasem is still doing that stupid ponytail-on-the-top-of-her-head hairdo.

Otherwise, CK is cool.

(I refuse to guarantee his safety if he eats NASCAR concession food at any point. That's just begging for trouble.)

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So ... it's the final countdown for Casey Kasem?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!! <cue synthesizer>

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

XM/Sirius is playing his first-ever countdown from 1970 today or tomorrow.

As for his current countdown, I could give a fuck. Though I would've love to hear him do one of his song-quote lead-ins when "My Humps" was on the charts a few years ago.

"My hump ... my hump ... my humps ...my lovely lady lumps ... that's Fergie and the Black Eyes Peas with My Humps, with its 152nd week in the countdown!"

Draft saved Draft deleted