1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

bubba burgers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The buns, too?

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I've noticed that too. Didn't know if it was some psychological thing you derive from the satisfaction of making your own, or if they actually tasted better. Either way, I enjoy it more when I do it myself. The last few times I've tried fast food burgers, they left a lot to be desired. I've all but sworn them off.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't see how freezing any type of meat would improve it. I've known people who love In-N-Out burgers and, not living near one, will bring some home and freeze them. Which is puzzling, because it is central to the In-N-Out business plan that the meat has never been frozen. In-N-Out goes to a lot of expense to ensure that's the case. So if you freeze it, it is no longer an In-N-Out burger even if it was purchased there. It is an In-N-Out burger that someone's destroyed and turned into something else. Because fresh is, like, the whole point.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

A good life lesson in general.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I had a bison burger for dinner. Kind of apropos of nothing, but it was goooooooooooooooood.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yes, they are. We can get some of that fresh at one of our local stores.

Draft saved Draft deleted