1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

bubba burgers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jul 14, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Or it's a typo. :D

2. He was probably texting while driving.

3. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

that sounds rockin, too.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Bubbas get my endorsement.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

middle boy shockey wasn't home tuesday night for our bubba burger discovery. so, growing boy that he is, he broiled himself TWO of 'em at 10 p.m. tonight to check 'em out. with cheese, natch.

his only complaint: juice spilling down his chin with every bite. otherwise, a rave review. he loved 'em.

okay, so they're not healthy. hey, ya only win once. like i said, the tasty suckers don't have to become a staple of our diet. just an occcasional guilty pleasure.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I have to make a supermarket trip tomorrow. I will check out the Bubba fridge and see whether I will subscribe to its newsletter or not.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'll warn you, they're a little spansive, but worth it for a splurge.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

We go 90/10 at chez noveliste. Tried Bubbas a few times, and they're OK. But I prefer making my own. Mix in some bread crumbs and some Montreal Steak seasoning. grill'em up. Some seriously good eating.

IJAG, your point is taken -- we should eat healthy. Still, Bubbas aren't going to kill you if you don't eat them six times a week. Do that, and you'll be the size of Ayers Rock. Every once in a while, though, you need to eat something that tastes good. For some people, that's salad with tofu. For others, it's beef. Either way requires moderation.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, absolutely. Trust me. I'm on Weight Watchers and once a week I allow myself my "bad" meal. It might be Southwestern Egg Rolls from Chilis', it might be Taco Bell. It's something that I can't eat every day. The problem is, I've been doing it too often.

I just wanted to make sure people knew HOW much worse the Bubbas were than the burgers you make at home.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Sorry, I did mean to type "suck."
    And please don't buy them. They really are terrible. Fresh ground beef is the way to go.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Since I started cooking/grilling regularly a few years ago, I've found that I've lost a little bit of taste for some former out-to-eat staples such as burgers and pizza. Food I can make myself seems to always taste much better, especially burgers.

And that Montreal steak seasoning is top-notch. I use it about 90 percent of the time when I grill burgers. (Used it on some buffalo burgers the other day, in fact).

Draft saved Draft deleted