1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bruce Willis Begins Filming Die Hard 4 in LA

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 'Live Free or Die Hard' (called Die Hard 4.0 until recently) is about a sophisticated plot to take the United States' technological infrastructure offline over a period of three days, bringing the economy to a halt and causing bedlam. First, "minor" systems like traffic light networks start to fail. Then banking networks, utilities, and other important services start to fail. Lastly, the power grid itself is sabotaged. All using computers, of course.
    While the perpetrators may at first seem to have a terrorist agenda, there could be other motives involved. Is there going to be a ransom demand? Is it a prelude to attack? Or is simple financial greed behind it all?

Enter John McClane — and his delinquent son John, or "Jack G" as he goes by. Jack's just getting out of juvee for computer-related crimes, and relations with his poor fatherly role-model are strained. However, the two of them are thrust into the midst of the excitement since, as it turns out, the cyber-criminals are using some of the same hacking tricks that landed Jack in jail. The government hopes to get things running again with Jack's help before the country plunges into a new Dark Age. However, it's not long before things go wrong, leaving McClane and son to fend for themselves.

Actually I reckon that sounds pretty good, and a huge scale of a plot to end the series on. End of the world type stuff, War Games with a modern turn. Yes, I think this is a really strong story for the McClane final episode.

The only potential problems I can see is that the film gets too hung up on the father - son relationship. (and turns into a Lethal Weapon-like sequel gag fest)

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Re: Bruce Willis Begins Filming Die Hard 4 in Los Angeles

Yippie kie ay

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

They're filming it at Los Angeles Center Studios in downtown LA, where I work. They filmed scenes in the main lobby yesterday --that's the same lobby that serves as the bank in The Nine and as the courtroom lobby in Justice.

Haven't seen Bruce tho.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What is that/where is that, Tigervols? I'm not familiar with that, haven't worked downtown in 9 years.

5. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

No kidding? So how often do you see them filming there TigerVols? I'm sure the novelty wore off a long time ago......

6. Billy Monday

Billy Monday Member

How can the same thing happen to the same guy four times?

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, D_B, if a computer mastermind is at work, I guess we can cross you off the list of suspects.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Los Angeles Center Studios is the old HQ for UnoCal -- so it's a 1958 high rise with stages built in buildings along the street...

http://www.lacenterstudios.com/

We saw Beyonce filming some new scenes for Dreamgirls a few weeks ago, and we see the Nine and Justice pretty much every day. There's a new Visa ad where a guy is running in a marathon and every scene -- he leaves a movie theater, he runs under the banner -- were filmed here. That's kinda fun to spot your office every day!

9. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

You could ask him ...

[​IMG]

... but he'd cut out your tongue.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Die Hard 2 and 3 are lame and 4 will be too. Hail the original!

11. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

they were re-shooting Dreamgirls? Doesn't that movie come out like in 8 weeks?

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Ho...... ho....... ho

Draft saved Draft deleted