1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bruce Snyder dies

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 13, 2009.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Ex-California/Arizona State football coach Bruce Snyder has did died.

http://www.imperialvalleynews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5173&Itemid=2

Pretty good coach, pretty good guy, very good with the media.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Did what? :p

EDIT: No fair correcting your post, even if it's still screwy.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wow what a shame. As a Bay Area guy and the son of a Cal alumnus, I have been a Cal fan for a while and was sad to see Snyder leave Cal and go to ASU. Seemed like a nice, professional guy. May he RIP and condolences to his family. 69, too young.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Before I got into journalism a friend of mine arranged for me to interview Snyder because he knew I was a big football fan. Snyder couldn't have been nicer and more welcoming, especially because I was kind of an early version of a fanboi. I was sad to see him leave Cal (thanks Bob Bockrath, destroyer of sports programs), but always appreciated his humanity and honesty. He continued to help promote various fundraisers for Pat Tillman and probably did more than anyone to convince Cal fans that they could and should expect a winning football program and not accept mediocrity.

Draft saved Draft deleted