1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bruce on Broadway

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Springsteen, a guitar, and a mic in a 960 seat theater on Broadway. I hope the hell that it is captured on video for the rest of the world to see. It wouldn't do for me to have money, 'cause I'd pay stupid money to be there.

'Springsteen on Broadway': Bruce Gets Personal In His One-Man Show

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

My wife (huge Bruce fan, 50+ shows) decided she should get tickets for her dad (100+ shows) for Christmas or something. I figured the show was entirely and eternally sold out, but she's also a Broadway nut, so if she thinks its possible, maybe it is? So she did check.

Yeah, it's impossible. It makes our near-decision to pay $700 per ticket for Hamilton look wise. (We eventually settled for "cheap" $250 tickets from the box office purchased a year before our show.)

I think it was $900 per for the cheapest tickets for the night she looked.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Who is his understudy?

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

When I told my wife about this, I said that obviously we weren't going to even talk about it... but that if we could go, I'd happily drop a grand apiece for back row seats. House seats 960, how bad could they be?

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd imagine Southside Johnny.

OscarMadison and heyabbott like this.
  7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Either Brian Fallon or John Cafferty

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Saw Bruce once at FedEx Field in like 2004. That was enough. His popularity is one of modern society's great unsolved mysteries.

expendable and exmediahack like this.
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I get it on an outsider's level, I guess. I'm not one of them, either.

10. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Right?! I spent 10 years in Jersey and it felt like concert days were like a state holiday. I get it, he's a great performer. But nothing I need to see.

11. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Michael Pare. Watch as he grumpily talks about all the other movies he's been in besides Eddie and the Cruisers. Like, Streets of Fire. And.... uh....

OscarMadison and Huggy like this.
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

50 shows? 100 shows?
    I am not trying to criticize - the best parallel I can come up with is this Disney freaks who have gone to Disneyland 1000 times, and have achieved certain Disney statuses, have Disney character tats, etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted