1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bruce: Giants Stadium farewell

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Jun 1, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

the latest setlist, with details to come. at first glance, wow: :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://backstreets.com/setlists.html

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

A small clip of Dark End of the Street from the show

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

amazing. who'd request that for bruce? not exactly in his wheelhouse. good for him taking a crack at it.

by the way webster or estreet, if you come across bruce and "the killers" dude singing "thunder road" the other night i'd love to see it.

4. EStreetJoe

Ask and ye shall receive:

my favorite version of Thunder Road from early 1975 when it had different lyrics:

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

thanks, joe!! ;D ;) 8)

no video but audio on this "wings for wheels" ("angelina's dress waves..") is much better:

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Got through on the computer for the last show at 12:00:07 and requested 4 seats. Typed the words super fast. Was in the system by maybe 12:00:15. Got shut out. That is ridiculous.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ticketmaster's internal scalping machine strikes again.

You can go over to TicketsNow and pick up some very nice seats for $1000 a pop, I am sure.

8. EStreetJoe

Requested 1 ticket at 12:00, at 12:01 was told there were no tickets available.
    At 12:05 I was offered a single ticket in the 300 level at 12:05.
    At 12:17 was offered a single in 113. Turned it down because that's too far from the stage for me.
    Got offered another single further back about 10 minutes later.
    Haven't gotten offered anything since.
    I'll be waiting on a day of show/week of show drop when the great seats get released.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

A couple of the boards say that reserved seats may not have gone on sale at noon on the dot, but GAs did. After all of the scrutiny with the last set of shows at the Izod, I can't believe that TM couldn't get its act together.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They have their act together. The problem is their "act" consists of diverting all tickets to their in-house scalping mechanism, not making tickets available to ordinary customers.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

You can go on right now and get GA standing room for the Thursday, Oct. 8 show

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I got seats to the last LAST show (in sect 312) at 12:20. Had the usual bullshit (got right in, got booted, got in again, had a 10-minute wait, said it had no tix for me, tried again, waited 10 mins, got my tix) but I got thru. Just want to be in the house for the last one, don't care where I sit.

Draft saved Draft deleted