1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bruce: Giants Stadium farewell

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Jun 1, 2009.

1. beanpole

beanpole Member

My wife and her best friend from college scored tickets to the Oct. 3 finale. As she's from Jersey, she's nearly floating on air with excitement.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I have a feeling tickets will be cheap and plentiful in the parking lot - especially for the mid-week show. Whether or not they're good seats is another story.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Unless Bruce is gonna play in my backyard for free, it's irrelevant.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What is wrong with Giants Stadium that they need a new one already?

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Last show, last song prediction? I've got only five possibilities:

1) Born to Run (opened Brendan Byrne with the song -- would be a nice bookend)
    2) Glory Days (kind of a weak closer)
    3) Jersey Girl (probably not)
    4) Rosalita
    5) Twist and Shout

My money is on 5.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Given that this is kind of separate from the current tour, I'm guessing we'll hear a lot less from Magic and Working on a Dream and a lot of classics.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Funny thing - when I think of the most memorable moment at Giants Stadium I either think of Pele's last game or the Meadowlands Miracle (which wasn't even the Giants "miracle" but a fumble in the closing seconds against the Eagles.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

nothing at all wrong with it from a fan's perspective. it's all about greed for giants/jets ownership (psl's, mofdern ammenities, etc.)

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the Geraldo special on uncovering Hoffa's "tomb."

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Depends if its the last show of the tour or just the last-ever show at Giants Stadium.
    Hopefully by the time the Giants Stadium shows roll around he'll have stopped playing Mony, Mony as the final encore.
    I could see Twist & Shout as the final song. I could also see Quarter to 3 as the final song too.
    But it wouldn't surprise if Bruce wimped out and used Jersey Girl as the final song.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

agree, although i could also see him doing a lathered up show, do "rosalita" as the slated finale and the audible everyone to stay for a final "thunder road."

of course, i'm biased, since "tr" is my all-time fave that he does at only 50 percent of his shows these days.

matter little to me. i've sworn to mrs. shockey that i won't be going to any more bruce shows in 2009. two shows were all our budget would allow. a promise is a promise.

12. lono

lono Active Member

Mrs. Lono and I will be there for the last night.

Crappy seats, but a night of history.

Draft saved Draft deleted