1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bruce: Giants Stadium farewell

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Jun 1, 2009.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Just got mine for Sept. 30 ... lower level, Sect. 114, Row 4.
    Entire field is GA standing room ..no floor seating (chaos will ensue)

Any other SJers going for the Wednesday show? (I can't do Fri. or Sat. during HS FB season)

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Great seats.

I tried for the last show and after 35 minutes got in the 300s and threw them back. GAs will drop and I'll probably do that for the first two shows and I may scalp with the missus for the finale.

Edit: Picked up GAs for the first show.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

What's the plan for the Meadowlands after the Jets & Giants move out?

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

It will be torn down next February to make way for the new stadium right next to where the old one is.
    New stadium should be done by April or May...good chance Bruce will open it, as well

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Ah.

I didn't realize the new stadium was being built next to the old one.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

It's about 75% complete already

7. Webster

tickets are basically a lost cause except for the top of the upper bowl for all 3 shows.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I can't make the Wednesday show and fear the clusterfuck that an all floor GA will be.

I tried online (not on the phone) and that was a mistake. Got through at 10 only to be told I typed the "security words" wrong so I do it again. My wait time is 6 minutes. A minute later it's 15 minutes. Over the next 18-20 minutes my wait time yo-yos down to 9 minutes, up to 15 minutes back down to 6, up to 12... it was ridiculous. Here's an example: When the clock turned 10:12 my wait time was 4 minutes. By the time it turned 10:13 my wait time was 10 minutes. A minute later my wait time was 14 minutes.

By the time I was finally offered a single for Saturday it was Section 131, Row 40. Not the greatest seat, but I took it so I wouldn't have to stress about getting shutout. Tried getting back through for Friday and got offered nothing but crappy 300 level tickets after throwing back one in 124. I'll have to wait for the drop closer to the show to get something decent for Friday.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

it appears they're selling behind the stage as well, at least from the stadium seating chart.
    are those the $33 specials?

10. Webster

If the '04 concerts are any guide, there will be tons of tickets available as the show gets closer.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Note on the TM website says that they are NOT selling behind the stage.
    I'm guessing the $33 specials are the seats that are closer to the planes that are on final approach to Newark than the stage.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Thanks to the 20% pay cut (plus benefits) recently imposed by our friendly overlords, I ain't going to any Bruce shows (or any other shows) anywhere this year. First tour I'll have missed since '78. ::) ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted