1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bruce Gets Chicked

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Oct 30, 2007.

1. ned racine

ned racine Member

the problem is more than Clear Channel...Bruce's new stuff does not fit most formats that his audience listens to...Classic Rock Stations for the most part dont play new stuff....I dont think Bob Seger's newest cd last year got airplay on classic rock outside of Michigan....It does not fit the crappy formatted shit....Some stuff could fit lite stations I guess....

2. There is no way Radio Nowhere doesn't fit a format.
    "Girls In Their Summer Clothes," either.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Political indoctrination? Spare me the drama.

Funny, they had to add an extra concert to their last Toronto tour.

If you want to escape politics, go to a Wayne Newton concert.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So in other words, you feel it's the end of the innocence?

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

but unlike the Chicks, there's no mass-burnings of his albums or people boycotting his concerts ;D

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Others have said it and it bears repeating - what Clear Channel and other corporate ownerships have done to the formatting of radio stations is knocked out any major place on the dial for new music by veteran artists and new music by those in the wide genre of Americana. To hear good new music like that (without satellite radio) you have to search out the NPR stations or the college radio stations.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A BLOG!!! weighs in ...

http://downwithtyranny.blogspot.com/2007/10/clear-channel-republican-propaganda.html

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The good thing is Clear Channel and their ilk are obsoleting themselves. With the internets and satellite radio we can say sayanora to their crappy formatted radio.

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

It's not political.
    For goodness sakes, they don't play new stuff by anyone who's got a catalogue. Not James Taylor, Bruce ... the Eagles won't get their stuff played either. If it were political, they'd be pulling Born In the USA off the rotation, as well.

10. This is why Mellencamp sold his new song to Chevy - so someone would hear it.

Tom Petty's having the same problem.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Clear Channel sent an edict not to play "Magic," but it's a waste of time, because they wouldn't play it anyway.

What's the newest Springsteen release you've heard on mainstream terrestrial radio? I think mine is "Human Touch." Rock radio plays old stuff; top 40 radio only plays things from artists with names like Li'l Dypshitt feat. E90 Crew.

Terrestrial rock radio is dead as a doornail.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Funny - the CD sold more than 2 million copies.

Why is it that the Dixie Chicks scale back a tour and people are rejecting their political views, but when Kelly Clarkson cancels an entire tour it's blamed on the decline in the concert business?

Draft saved Draft deleted