1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bruce Bowen FINALLY being watched by the league only after....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, May 14, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Trust me, he was being watched. Why Stern and comapny decided a formal announcement was needed is beyond me.

2. boots

boots New Member

Incidentally, in San Antonio, he is nicknamed the Kobe stopper.

3. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

The why question has already been answered. They selectively care who he hurts.

4. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Damn kid. do you have ANY BALLS?

Just say what you REALLY mean.

Bruce has been mugging black players since he came into the league - now that he SMASHED a white boy, the league want to investigate.

This is Racist.

how bout that.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Uhhhh did you just see that thing I just posted? Bruce friggin' went Bruce Lee on Wally Szczerbiak and they didn't do anything.

7. IU90

IU90 Member

I don't believe its race-related. As Chuck said, perhaps the most blatant one he's gotten away with was the karate kick to the head of Wally Z, a white player. I think Saturday's shot to Nash was more the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back coming only a game after he got away with one against Stoudamire and when the growing buzz about him being a cheap shot artist for years had reached a crescendo. Of course, the fact that it occurred during the season's first prime-time ABC nationally-broadcast playoff game to one of the league's 2-3 highest profile players only increased the pressure to take action this time.

That said, doesn't Bowen have quite a knack for making nearly all his cheap shots look at least plausibly accidental? Viewed individually, you could see how most of em could possibly just be due to tangled feet, missed jab for the ball, etc. It's only when you start adding em up and noticing the consistent patterns with how he does it that the intent becomes obvious. Like I said, he's damn sneaky about it.

8. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

I agree. Dude is a snake.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Bruce Bowen is to the NBA what Ric Flair is to pro wrestling:

"Dirtiest Player in the Game"

And both have championships to their credit.

10. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Bowen's dirty and the league should crack down on him but it won't right now because it would hurt the Spurs playoff run.

Where are the NBA's famed conspiracies for fixing playoff games?

Who in the heck at the NBA offices wants to see the ratings disaster Spurs-Pistons Finals? Get with it Mr. Stern. Some phone calls are in order.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

But, let me state for the record ... Bowen's awesome. I've interviewed him for a magazine article before and he remains loyal to Cal State Fullerton even though they dropped football while he was there.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Why don't opposing teams tell their players: "If Bowen comes at you with his feet in the air, just grab one of them, and YANK as hard as you can. And keep yanking until you hear his skull slam into the floor."

Bowen's skull crashing down at max speed into the hardwood floor will put an end to this stuff pretty quickly.

Draft saved Draft deleted