1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Browns owner's firm raided by FBI

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Apr 15, 2013.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Hmmm....

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/apr/15/fbi-locks-down-pilot-headquarters/

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's what happens when you try to lure Saban away from Alabama...

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Jimmy Haslam's brother is Governor of Tennessee. This could get interesting.

4. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

My money is on the Patriots having snuck cameras in to try to get a glimpse into the Browns war room.

Either that or word slipped that the Browns were actually going to draft Geno Smith at #6 and they are looking for the kind of serious drugs that would cause a team to make this kind of mistake.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

They drafted Tim Couch No. 1.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Then the Pats have surveillance in every other NFL front office in the league if they are worried about Cleveland. Shit, they might bug half the CFL before worrying about the Browns.

7. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

lol

8. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I knew he was a Steelers plant.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Hey the Lions are going to be good this year. And by Lions, I of course mean the B.C. Lions.

10. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

The odd timing of this disclosure -- smack in the middle of the Boston Marathon disaster -- initially had me thinking the guy was somehow involved in that, and that was why the feds were visiting him.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If the IRS was on the scene, it won't end well.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Pilot Flying J CEO Jimmy Haslam has reached out to his 30,000 employees, urging them to “believe and trust” that the Knoxville-based company has done no wrong amid an ongoing federal investigation.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/apr/16/pilot-ceo-jimmy-haslam-sends-message-to-after/

Apparently the FBI and IRS didn't take Haslam's word for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted