1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Browns CB Baxter tears patellar tendons in both knees

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D.Sanchez, Oct 23, 2006.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Randy Lerner doesn't even want to own the team. He inherited it from his father. Then he bought an English soccer team and now goes to their games.

At least the stadium was half empty by halftime yesterday. It took the Indians about three years to figure out they were pissing off the fans and no one was coming back until they got their act together. The fans are still pissed about the downfall beginning in 2002, justified or not.

It will take a few years of a half empty Cleveland Browns Stadium before Browns brass gets the message. Apathy is the best medicine for this.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Oct. 10, 1993.

I don't believe he ever did come back.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Butch Davis' manifest failures set the Browns back at least five years.

4. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

The Indians owner doesn't seem to worried about winning either, the only owner in cleveland worth anything is Mr. Quicken Loans.

5. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

It's just torture, pure f'ning torture.
    In eight years you would think they could get some sort of offensive line, but they suck now worse than ever.
    Players have freak injuries.
    Knowing the luck of Cleveland fans, the LeBron ACL injury isn't that far away.

6. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Blind squirrels find nuts. Any other cliches you want to toss in for good measure?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I don't have a horse in this race, but off the top of my head, the only team with a worse run of misfortune/mismanagement is the Cardinals (discounting 1982, they've made the playoffs once in the last 30-odd years and have won one playoff game in the last 59 years).

Other than that, it's hard for me to think of a team more chronically woeful, dating back to their previous incarnation in the 1990s, than the Browns.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Bad things just happen to good teams.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

As a Bengals fan, all this Browns futility just breaks my heart. Hate to see all the freak injuries though...would much rather see them suck at full strength :)

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Point of order: I don't think either of you get to count two completely disparate franchises as one.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Why not?

The point is they've sucked in two different eras. Plus, the way they moved to Balto reached a whole new level of sucktitude.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Following that logic, the Lions should have folded the tent in 1968

Draft saved Draft deleted