1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Browns CB Baxter tears patellar tendons in both knees

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D.Sanchez, Oct 23, 2006.

1. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I wish I had a time machine to go back to 1999 and erase all of this nonsense.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Of course! We are so stupid here in Cleveland! I actually thought he just tore his ACL or something. We should have KNOWN he blew out BOTH his knees at once!!!

4. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

As a Bears fan, I'll never forget when Wendell Davis did the exact same thing on that nasty Philadelphia artificial turf back in the early-mid 1990s. He leaped for a ball and his cleats snagged on a seam in the carpet, shredding his knees.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I was just going to bring that Davis play up. I believe he actually came back and played a short time a few seasons later, but of course was nowhere near the same player.

6. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

Yeah, he played with the Colts for a while I think. 80 percent of the league's tight ends were faster than him by then.

7. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

I was at the game on Sunday and when Baxter when down, he was just grabbing his left knee. But they took like 10 minutes to cart him off the field. I feel bad for the guy.

As for Junkie's quip that the Browns should close up shop because they will never be good, I wish I had time to go through the various franchies in the NFL that had rough four-year stretches. (The Browns were a playoff team in 2002.)

At least bring an intelligent comment to the discussion. It's bad right now, really bad, but it is the same in Buffalo, Arizona, Oakland and Miami.

There is a reason the NFL made sure Cleveland got a new team after Modell went to Baltimore. The Browns are an integral part of this league's past and will be an integral part of its future.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Didn't some college player do the same thing within the last year or so as well?

9. TheSportsPredictor

You mean 40-year?

10. This comes only days after the team reports that LeCharles Bentley has developed a staph infection as a result of his torn patella injury, complicating an already difficult rehabilitation.

TSP - - this weekend's events ought to qualify for an update on your blog.

11. TheSportsPredictor

Yes, I will be busy tonite!

The thing is, the tone of the articles in all the newspapers have caught up to the tone of my blog. I have been so bored by what has been going on with the Browns lately I haven't been inspired. It felt like everything was always the same.

It kind of still is.

LECHARLES BENTLEY: I can ruin my season with one patella injury.
    GARY BAXTER: I can ruin my season with TWO patella injuries.
    EMCEE: Gary Baxter, ruin your season!

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

http://www.swerbsblurbs.com/article_detail.php?id=930

Just about sums up the feeling in Cleveland.

Draft saved Draft deleted