1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Browns beat writer booted over tweet

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 25, 2012.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Well played

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

why, thank you. :)

3. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Help me out here, Versatile. I have both Hoot Suite and Tweetdeck on my iphone and DMs still come in as 404-04 text messages ... you're saying there is some way to avoid this?

While I'm posting, one more thought on Tony. Maybe it's the word "bias" being thrown around in this case that bothers me. If you cover someone, and from covering them you form the opinion that they are an idiot, is that really "bias"? Seems to me Tony would be "biased" against Lerner if Tony had preconceived notions, felt people whose last names started with "L" were genetically inferior, etc. What he did was form an opinion. If that disqualifies you from covering a beat in 2012 ... well, a lot of us should be reassigned.
    Or the Plain Dealer overreacted.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The easy solution is to remove your phone number from Twitter. I assume you have your e-mail linked to your phone. You get an e-mail for every DM or mention, then you can just go to HootSuite or TweetDeck even if you don't have those set up for automatic alerts.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I've never gotten a text message with a DM.

6. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

That must be the deal. Thanks. Almost did it AGAIN today ... thought I was responding to a text, realized it was a DM.

7. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Grossi out at Plain Dealer, joining Sportstime Ohio: https://twitter.com/#!/TonyGrossi/status/177487813594464258

8. Walter Burns

Walter Burns Member

Grossi's already been a regular contributer to STO. It sounds like he's going to WKNR:

http://jimromenesko.com/2012/03/08/tony-grossi-leaves-plain-dealer-after-tweet-brouhaha/

9. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

My mistake.

10. Scoop returns

Scoop returns Member

To quote the great and always insightful Don King, "Only in America, Baby! Only in America!"

Draft saved Draft deleted