1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brownback drops out...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Oct 20, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Anyone not named Hillary smokes Rudy.

Obama, Edwards, Biden, etc.

For instance...

IA-Pres
    Oct 21 SurveyUSA Clinton (D) 48%, Giuliani (R) 43%

IA-Pres
    Sep 23 SurveyUSA Obama (D) 50%, Giuliani (R) 42%

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Holy crap. We agree. I never agree with you. I'm sure you've been losing sleep over it.

I don't exactly agree with all of Brownback's politics either — super-Christians drive me nuts — but I respect him. I think he honestly believes what he preaches, unlike so many of the others in that group, and he doesn't just do it when and where it will look good on TV (i.e. Africa.)

In the 1:100,000 chance he'd have won the nomination, I probably would have voted for him, again, not that I cared for all of his politics. I met him a couple times and he and my dad were fraternity brothers. Having him as president would be worth the stories I'd have been able to tell. (Hey, it's better than voting for him because he'd be good to have a beer with.)

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Wow you really proved your point there, Obama got two percent more than Clinton in a poll with a margin of error that is likely about 5 percent. Brilliant, just brilliant stuff. I always knew you were a thinker......

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

OH-Pres
    Oct 19 SurveyUSA Clinton (D) 47%, Giuliani (R) 45%

OH-Pres
    Oct 10 Quinnipiac Obama (D) 44%, Giuliani (R) 38%

OH-Pres
    Oct 10 Quinnipiac Edwards (D) 46%, Giuliani (R) 36%

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Hillary Clinton is the only Democrat who can win the election and she probably will.

There is no way in hell this country elects Obama. Jonathan Edwards has become the Democrat's version of Dan Quayle -- the guy who always seems to be floating around and always seems to have some support but nobody in the party really wants to win.

I suppose if Al Gore ran he could win, but then again, he had the equivalent of an uncontested lay-up in 2000 and found a way to screw that up.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He would be a contender there, especially in the red counties. The current governor, Kathleen Sebelius, is a Democrat who's made everyone. It would make for an interesting race.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Right, right and right. (Except it's John Edwards, not Jonathan Edwards, the fire-and-brimstone Calvinist.)

Your lucidity is appreciated.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If anybody wonders how the hell Sebelius could get elected in such a red state, read "What's the Matter with Kansas?". If the Mods mount a serious primary challenger for Brownback, Sebelius wins again.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I was thinking Jonathan could break out in a chorus of "Sunshine". (ducksaftertypinglame1970ssongjoke)

Draft saved Draft deleted