1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brown pants

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 20, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Got a new pair of "trousers," as mom like to call them, recently.
    Brown. Hershey bar brown. Yes, they are pleated but that isn't the discussion.

So I get out the blue shirt to wear with them and my wife goes nuts.

"YOU CAN'T WEAR THAT!!"

Huh? I wear this shirt with my khakis and you tell me I look all swave and de-boner.

"KHAKIS AREN'T BROWN."

Light brown. Same family.

"YOU CANNOT WEAR THAT."

I assume she's right. Is she? What the hell color can I wear with these pants? I think I'll take them back and stick to khakis and blues.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Depends on the blue and if you're wearing a jacket. If you're doing a jacket, and you have a tie with the blues and browns, you can pull it together.

Just a blue shirt with darker-than-khaki brown? I'd have to see it, but initial reaction says not so much. Neutral, yes, but not everything works with every neutral.

4. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

pink is not a bad suggestion

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And I too have brown pants... and Didnt decide this until after I had them home, that.. well, you're wife is right...
    White shirt.. maybe beige (maybe the people in the office will call you Milky Way)

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I dunno. I have some chocolate bar brown pants and I've worn them with blue shirts. I think blue and brown go fine together.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

the problem with brown pants is not just the shirt its also a question of what shoes do your wear.

8. Moderator1

Yeah, well, TD, you ain't married to the fashion police biatch I picked. I agree with you.
    You guys being serious about pink? Because I have a very nice pink shirt, brooks brothers and all. I wear that and you guys laugh I'm going to be all hurt and stuff.

9. Moderator1

Aw, jeez. How late is the store open? Where's the receipt?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I was kidding with pink, but I can see it in a dark pink, not light pink... would look like cotton candy over a chocolate bar topped with a Milk Dud.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh... yeah. Pink Crocs...

12. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Long ago, when sailing ships ruled the sea, this captain and his crew were always in danger of being boarded by pirates from a pirate ship.

One day while they were sailing, they saw that a pirate ship had sent a boarding party to try and board their ship. The crew became worried, but the Captain was calm.

He bellowed to his First Mate, "Bring me my red shirt!"

The First Mate quickly got the Captain's red shirt, which the captain put on. Then he led his crew into battle against the mean pirates. Although there were some casualties among the crew, the pirates were defeated.

Later that day, the lookout screamed that there were two pirate vessels sending two boarding parties towards their ship. The crew was nervous, but the Captain, calm as ever, bellowed, "Bring me my red shirt!" And once again the battle was on!

The Captain and his crew fought off the boarding parties, though this time more casualties occurred.

Weary from the battles, the men sat around on deck that night recounting the day's events when an ensign looked at the Captain and asked, "Sir, why did you call for your red shirt before the battle?"

The Captain, giving the ensign a look that only a captain can give, explained, "If I am wounded in battle, the red shirt does not show the blood, so you men will continue to fight unafraid." The men sat in silence. They were amazed at the courage of such a man.

As dawn came the next morning, the lookout screamed that there were pirate ships, 10 of them, all with boarding parties on their way. The men became silent and looked to the Captain, their leader, for his usual command.

The Captain, calm as ever, bellowed, 'Bring me my brown pants!!!'

Draft saved Draft deleted