1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

brooooce!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jul 5, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

sorry, whiffed on finding the thread. but latest setlist may be strongest yet, with 30 songs. even with no "thunder road" or "jungleland."

although each of his most recent shows included great pulls.

http://blog.nj.com/springsteen/2009/07/great_setlist_by_bruce_springs.html

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Just not a Bruce fan. I've tried. Really have. Heard "4th of July, Asbury Park" today, and just didn't dig it.

As much as I'd like to, I just can't get into it.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Ditto.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

oh, well.

your loss.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

you gotta be fuckin kidding me, noob.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Any set list that includes because the Night is high on my list.

And TBF, if you're basing it on "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)" I suggest you go find some rockin' Bruce to listen to.

7. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Shouldn't he have retired "Dancing In The Dark" by now?
    I'm surprised he's not embarrassed to cash the checks on that one.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The way he's playing the song the last few years it's electrified. The cheesy synth is virtually eliminated by having it moved to guitar and keyboard.

9. MrBSquared

MrBSquared Member

Any and all early Bruce (The Wild, the innocent and the E-Street Shuffle ... well, anything Darkness on the Edge of Town and before) is classic and even better live.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I certainly don't mind the rocking stuff ... Born To Run, Dancin in the Dark, etc. ... but the rest of it just doesn't do it for me. I recognized about three songs off that list in the link.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Not thinking this was that great of a setlist. Obviously, he had to play Sandy, but Jackson Cage and Into the Fire are not in my favored rarities. Rendevouz is a fun little song on older boots, but I haven't really liked it recently.

12. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Sitting on the porch outside the Wonder Bar last night. Met a 20-something who had been playing on the boardwalk all day. He pulled out his guitar and started playing acoustic requests for us. Geez, Asbury is amazing. He did some Dylan, Neil Young and then launched into an acoustic "One Step Up," along with a few other Bruce songs. Pretty good except he forget some of the words. And as he lives in Asbury he was telling us all these insider Bruce stories. This place is great. I'll definitely be back! Oh yeah, and the 30-song setlists are off the charts. Can't wait until he comes back for the second leg in the U.S.!

Draft saved Draft deleted