1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Broncos whack McDaniels

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Dec 6, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

According to ESPN, Bowlen is looking into whether McDaniels could be fired for cause, so he doesn't owe him the $7 mil he has left on his contract.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Actually he nailed it. He's currently taking the Boom 70 correspondence spelling course.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

One answer may be is that espn.com's AFC West reporter (Williamson) was on our local sports talk radio show at around 6 p.m. claiming the Broncos were going to give McDaniels one more year.

Whoops.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

LOL. La la la la la la la la, Melmo's hired!

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I've never spit rice out of my nice before.

This Mizzou post is the POY leader in the clubhouse.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Thank goodness this happened. Though it never should have come to this, because the 3-year-old should never have been hired to coach the team AND be in charge of personnel in the first place. Way in over his head. Personnel moves were a joke. Throwing away draft picks to move up to take people like Sideshow Bob the quarterback, who's been in on like 10 plays all season, like they were yesterday's trash and they had no value.

Get on I-70. Head east. Do not look back because we never wanted your hooded Patriots ass in the first place. I said at the time of his hiring that Broncos fans would look back on the last four years of the Shanahan Era -- .500 football -- as the good old days. Little did we know. Now instead of the organization coming back in 10 years, maybe it will only take four or five if some competent hires -- general manager and coach -- are made.

The organization has completely cratered because of the absolute ineptness of this guy. It was a bad decision to hire him in the first place -- and that was bore out pretty quickly.

Bowlen and Ellis have lost the fan base and they knew they had to make a move. Well, Ellis knew. Bowlen's memory issues probably have him going, "When did we hire this kid?"

Oh, and Uncle Pat won't be at the news conference to answer questions/be held accountable for this absolute abortion of an era. Tells you where things are in Dove Valley.

Good riddance, Josh. Thanks for torching a once-proud organization that I have followed religiously since the 1970s. Hopefully, those in charge will give the organization and its fan base what it deserves -- an established winning NFL coach who knows how to win in this league. Selling out every home game for 40 years is evidence enough of the commitment the fans have to the organization. It's time the organization gave back to the fans.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

So you weren't a McDaniels fan?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

This would be the no. 1 line on most threads.

The Chiefs made it back in two from the wreckage created by Herm Edwards. The Broncos play in a division with teams that feature a corpse as coach (Chargers) and owner (Raiders). They can make it back quickly.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Thank you, MileHigh. Your thoughts are well written and absolutely true from this fan's perspective.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

MileHigh, you crushed that. I was disgusted by how he threw Steve Scarnecchia under the bus.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well, when Jay Cutler is one of your two best offensive players, your offense obviously sucks

Draft saved Draft deleted