1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Broncos whack McDaniels

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Dec 6, 2010.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

And running back.

2. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Isn't it obvious? The Denver Broncos job will go to one of college football's two biggest weasels: Lane Kiffin or Bobby Petrino.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I feel like Clark Griswold on Christmas Eve when Frank Shirley was delivered to his living room wrapped in a bow. Pat Bowlen is the new Cousin Eddie!

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Exactly. Cutler wasn't Mr. Congeniality and Marshall domestic abuse flap and bizarre behavior was part of this tragic comedy.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Neither.

Does Belichick have another "hot" assistant who is ready to be a head coach??

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't think he's on the hook for Shanahan's salary, though, since Shanahan is back in the league. Maybe they came to another arrangement but that's usually how it works in the NFL.

The way he coached the end of the game yesterday deserved a firing. With 10 minutes left and the Broncos down four points, Moreno busted a 24-yard run intothe red zone, giving him 161 for the day (7 yards a pop average). Moreno finished with ... 161 yards. He didn't get one more carry the whole rest of the game.

And with 2:32 left, still down by the same four points, the Broncos had 4th-and-4 at their 39. They had two timeouts left. McDaniels punted, betting that one of the league's worst defenses could stop the Chiefs short of a first down. They couldn't. The Broncos did get the ball back one more time -- with three seconds left at their own 8-yard line.

I saw that and I thought McDaniels was trying to get fired a la Lane Kiffin.

7. mb

mb Active Member

What a disaster the franchise has become. Just a complete joke all around.

And in all seriousness, does anybody here know exactly what's up with Bowlen? For about a year now, there have been comments and pieces of stories that mention some kind of health/memory problems. But nobody has ever come out and specifically said what's up -- at least that I've seen.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Was that the QB you guaranteed they would get no better than a third round pick for?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm sure God will take care of it.

10. mb

mb Active Member

It's actually almost funny. The shit most folks want him fired for doesn't really bother me that much.

But I'm still bitter he traded a fucking mid-first-rounder to draft a goddamn midget from Wake Forest in the 2nd round two drafts ago. And then kept him a year and dealt him for a seventh or eighth tight end.

Bouncing Shanahan was fine. But don't turn around and give all his power to a guy that pretty much hasn't done anything in the league.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think I said there's no way they'll get a No. 1 for him, which I obviously was wrong about. Not my fault the Bears overpaid to get him.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Cutler is an all-timer on the punk list and Marshall had a bad reputation, but if you're a head coach and you can't make it work with your two best offensive players, the problem is the coach.

Every coach in the NFL has some punks he has to deal with.

Draft saved Draft deleted