1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Broncos & Rockies Sports Columnist

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by sportsnut, Sep 3, 2012.

1. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

I'd work on the whole grasp of the English language thing before worrying about getting into journalism jobs.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

details, details.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You can get free checking at some banks if you get direct deposit.

Oh, and fetch me a beer, noob.

4. I realize Schwab is the one who left, but how does this affect David Ramsey? Isn't he the columnist? Does he now stay away from writing about Broncos and Rockies?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought Ramsey was the SE. I might be wrong.

6. BH33

BH33 Member

Jim O'Connell is the sports editor. Ramsey has been a columnist.

7. Will_C

Will_C New Member

I can confirm the respective roles of O'Connell and Ramsey. I can't confirm the status of this gig.

Anyone got any updates?

8. this is no longer a "very good" paper and no way the gig pays anywhere close to $50-60K. the rag was sold somewhat recently and is allegedly on the market again. I'd be shocked if any of these posted positions are ever filled

9. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

The very name of the position is misspelled in the job listing. Maybe they should be hiring a copy editor.

10. Old Dusty Trail

Old Dusty Trail New Member

Has anyone heard of any movement on this?

11. BrendaStarr

BrendaStarr Member

Paul Klee of the (Champaign) News-Gazette just announced on Twitter that he will be the Denver columnist for The Gazette mainly on the Broncos and Rockies.

12. What about them? Most Springs residents don't give a crap about those teams.

Draft saved Draft deleted