1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Broncos RB Nash dies

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Feb 24, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

From Denver Post:

Damien Nash, a backup running back for the Denver Broncos, collapsed and died after a charity basketball game in St. Louis, his agent, David Canter, said Saturday night. <cm-bd>¶
    Nash was 24.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Jeebus.

R.I.P.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Talk about a franchise with some miserable luck this offseason. RIP.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Wow. Given the way the Broncos use running backs, he could have been their next 1,000-yard rusher. Shame.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He was a big-name recruit at Missouri and had a helluva burst. He was exciting to watch. But he and Pinkel didn't get along, so he didn't become the college star he could have been. R.I.P.

6. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/mizzou/story/1085B8D7055B87698625728D001162C4?OpenDocument

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Wow:

Earlier in the afternoon, sources said Nash competed in a charity basketball game at Riverview Gardens High and collapsed afterward.

The event was held to benefit The Darris Nash Find A Heart Foundation, which raises money for heart transplant research. Darris Nash, 25, is the older brother of Damien Nash. The foundation was created last month, after Darris Nash received a heart transplant.

8. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2778713

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Oh holy fuck.

I wonder if how much extra attention they paid to Damien's heart given the problem his twin brother had. You'd think it'd indicate a risk factor, at least.

That's assuming a heart problem is what killed Damien, which is usually a strong possibility when someone collapses out of nowhere.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Yeah, we get the point, we're reading espn.com. We typed the name into the address bar, you bunch of fucking vultures. Eat me.

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

It's a terrible tragedy made even sadder -- not because it involves an athlete but because of when and where it happened.

12. joe

joe Active Member

Pinkel had Brad Smith, so he never developed a game plan that would let Nash show his true talent. Nash did it in bursts, but it was never sustained.

Draft saved Draft deleted