1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Broncos Hire Josh McDaniels

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Jan 11, 2009.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

My apologies. The last rumors I heard were that Mangini was thinking about hiring Crennel as defensive coordinator and Mangini was thinking about bringing his assistant coaches with the Jets to Cleveland. I got caught up with other things and did not see that decided to go in different directions.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The guy's 32 years old?!?!? Some of the players are older than that. Wonder how that is going to go over?

I know when one paper I worked for hired a guy 7 years younger than me to be sports editor, that DID NOT work out very well.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Lane Kiffin was 31 when hired by the Raiders.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, and that didn't work out so great, either.

To be an effective head coach, you have to have the respect and trust of your assistants and the players. That's just really hard for someone at that age to gain, especially in football.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Apparently McDaniels is hiring Mike Nolan to coach the defense, so his first hire is a damn good one...

Draft saved Draft deleted