1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Broncos fire Shanahan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Dec 30, 2008.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Its been six years you've been on this board. And you still consistently deliver the "bitter".

Does it ever get tiring?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Occassionally.

I'd like to branch out into compassionate and caring, but all anyone wants is the bitter.

I'm like Jim Carrey. All anyone remembers is the ass-talking. nobody wants to see my depth.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No, the Lions getting Cowher or Shannahan would make too much sense. They will probably end up with Romeo Crennel.

4. Grimace

Grimace Guest

All I know is I used Mike Shanahan's playbook on Madden every year. I love the play action passes. Sad.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He won't be unemployed for long unless he chooses to be.

6. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

You can have Jauron back if you want him.

No, wait ... :(

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I figured he'd get the chance to "retire" or step down. Can't remember the last guy who won a Super Bowl with a team was outright canned, oh yeah Billick. Two Super Bowls? Jimmy Johnson? Landry?

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Surprised.

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Who would have thought that of the four coaches in the AFC West, Shanahan would be the one in the unemployment line?

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

No one with any credibility is coming to the Lions with Millen stooges Lewand and Mayhew running the show.

And now the Lions have asked permission to talk to Washington's defensive backs coach. Because hiring an NFL position coach worked out so well the last time.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Is Parcells even worth mentioning in Denver?

I keep hearing Pete Carroll...........why the hell would he leave USC? He's making over 3 million a year, doesn't have to go anywhere to recruit, no NFL pressure........he's going nowhere, unless he just gets bored.

12. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Back of my mind, I thought this might happen.

Probably deserves this fate with that epic chokejob and the team's perpetual mediocrity.

This offseason might top the record for canned coaches.

Draft saved Draft deleted