1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Broncos fire Shanahan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Dec 30, 2008.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

That's what I was thinking. A Farve/Shanahan team could be interesting. That is, of course, if Farve returns.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

No way. Shanahan's not going any place where he doesn't run the whole fuckin show. I'll bet you that comes out in the wash...that Bowlen wanted to take away his personnel duties but Shanahan refused, giving Bowlen no choice but to fire his ass.

And why would anyone hire Shanahan as a personnel chief after the last 5-10 yrs? He'll sit the year out and end up at Notre Dame after next year. Or maybe even sooner.

Plus, Clueless Woody has already said he wants to keep the coach and football ops separate in NY.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I just called my brother-in-law and told him there was another firing. He thought it was Wade, but I told him it was Shanahan. He was jumping up and down with glee, for he is a life long Denver fan. "It was about fucking time!" was the words that came out of his mouth.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Shanahan to Cleveland rumors starting in 5...4...

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Wow. Now Andy Reid takes the No. 2 spot behind Fisher with the most tenure? Is that right?

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I actually thought this was one of his better coaching jobs with all the injuries.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

They were down to their, what, eighth string running back?

I would think after winning two Super Bowls the Broncos might have let him leave on his terms. Then again, this is the NFL.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Wow, this one's a shocker. But, when you have a three-game lead with three games to play and miss the playoffs, you should be fired.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

to the Lions....

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

True, but this team didn't deserve the playoffs no matter how big of a lead it had or when it had it. There were serious flaws there this season. Some due to injuries, some due to an inexplicably bad defense.

Denver, to me, has seemed just about to round the corner about every year for the last six. This is probably for the best.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Exactly. Just b/c the team probably overachieved this year doesn't change the fact it continually underperformed--and has been just on the cusp--for a long time before this.

Draft saved Draft deleted