1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Broncos cornerback killed in drive-by

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by fromdawntodesk, Jan 1, 2007.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Of ALL the people to say that ...

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, there were no intentions that put the gun in hand before the "half-twitch." Nope, nothing but good intentions until that "half-twitch."

I'm sure Oswald had no intention of killing Kennedy. It was just a "half-twitch" of his index finger. Never mind all that pre-planning. And those guys that go into liquor stores and banks and kille the clerks and tellers? Went in there with the best of intentions I'm sure. Then their finger twitched. Right?

I was driving along the freeway the other day and my foot almost "half-twitched." Time for a ban on cars.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Exactly.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Flaming stupidity from a couple of the board's biggest dolts.

5. Fubar

Fubar Member

I'm not much of a gun fellow. In fact, I've never held nor fired anything stronger than a beebee gun. I'll probably never own a gun, mostly because I've never really feel like I needed to at any point in my life thus far. However, if I've learned anything in my life I've learned that when people want something, they get it. This is regardless of whether or not these desireables are illegal or legal.

Anti-gun folks just want them all to go away. That's like trying to rid the world of mosquitoes. If you ban guns all-together, you're just making gun toting criminals more secure in their abilities to overpower people.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hey Mustard, we rawk!!!!!!!!!

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I think you constitute two rocks, but only you would know.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Gun toting criminals are confident in those abilities, regardless of their knowing whether you have a gun or not.

Meanwhile, every one of the accidental and moment-of-rage killings would go up in smoke.

Americans don't like killing people with the intimacy involved in a strangling or a stabbing.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A War on Guns would work about as well as the War on Drugs or prohibition. It would also turn millions of law-abiding gun owners (like me) into criminals, because we would not surrender all of our guns.

Mandatory trigger locks? I support that 100 percent. We require drivers to pass a test before they can drive. I think gun owners should be tested as well.

A national ban on gun ownership in the USA is completely unrealistic. Gun owners and anti-gunners need to reach a middle ground.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Yeah. Not like calling out Pube is that tough, of course.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Denver police said Friday they arrested Willie Clark, 23, on a parole violation and will question him about Williams’ slaying.

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Thanks for the update, MH. Good to see things are proceeding fairly quickly in the investigation.

Draft saved Draft deleted