1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Broncos beat reporter, Denver Post

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

And she is? I assume she has a name?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well, Moddy, if Mizzou isn't full of shit, then I'm assuming it's Lindsay Jones, which is the name on the Florida stuff on the PBP site.

3. I believe she is a Colorado native, so this is an exciting homecoming for her.

Congrats, Lindsay.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's on her PBP bio that she's a huge Broncos fan...

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

That'll change quickly.

6. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

One would think that someone would have to do something significant on their beat before getting a gig like this.

Good for her. I'm not saying she's bad, but I don't recall the Palm Beach Post breaking a single story on the UF beat.

7. How many UF stories have you broken? How many UF stories has anybody broken? If you're not the columnist at the Gainesville Sun and Steve Spurrier isn't calling your cell phone, it's pretty hard to break anything on that beat. And if you're an SEC Guy you know that.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It says "Sports allegiances: Colorado professional teams, particularly the Denver Broncos; Colorado State University."

I'm all for bios, but yeah, I'd have begged out of answering that one. Or mine would read "Sports allegiances: My 5-wood."

9. Nice...

10. Wow, she's like 26 or 27 years old. Not a bad ascent. I've never read her, but my guess is columnist within five years somewhere, if not sooner.

11. Grimace

Grimace Guest

FWIW, I read the paper regularly and she's a good writer. The best? I don't know.

It's funny how we always forget intangibles in the hiring process. Maybe she's really nice , a hard worker, somebody who will fit in well.

Plus, if I was a hiring dude, I'd like the fact that, as a local, she wouldn't be looking to leave anytime soon. I'm guessing she'll be there for a looooong time.

Good for her and congratulations.

12. And she went to Emory. Probably pretty smart. Isn't Emory kind of the Yale of the South? (with Duke and Vandy playing the roles of Harvard and Princeton).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.