1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bronco Meltdown Post Mortem

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 4, 2014.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Secondary

(The Miller injury hurt. The Clady injury probably hurt even more)

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, agree with that. Nice to see Champ Bailey get to a Super Bowl, but it's time to go.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Champ might be back, but he's not coming back for $10 million. After getting beat like a rented mule Sunday night and last year in the Baltimore playoff game, yeah, the end has come.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Elway/Fox presser right now. Elway was asked how long it took him to get over his Super Bowl losses.

"I'm still not over them. This one just got added to the list."

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

From the very start, the Seattle defense just laid a physical beatdown on Denver. Go back and watch the first series where Denver has the ball, down 5-0, and how the Seahawks pop every player that touched the ball. And that just continued and continued throughout the game. Seattle was infinitely more physical, more brutally violent, so much so that it seemed to catch the Broncos by surprise and made them more timid and unsure of themselves on both sides of the ball as the game went on.

Sure, this was a Super snoozer we haven't seen in a while.

But, in a way it was the very definition of what great pro football should be. One team deploying brute force and breaking the will of the other team, if not literally, then figurately. Making the greatest offensive flash the league has ever seen become uncertain and tentative, incapable of succeeding no matter how hard or how many times they tried. All because of an almost scary combination of physical violence, force and speed.

By the end of Sunday night, a clash of giants of their profession became a game of men vs. boys.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I had never seen a team broken figurately. And now I have! :)

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What struck me even more than the total domination of Seattle was how utterly useless Troy Aikman is.

After the saftey, Joe Buck stated how significant the crowd noise was. Aikman discounted it, blaming the safety on 'nerves' of Ramirez. Aikman anticipated Wilson having a rough outing (inexperience, 'nerves' again). He called Harvin's end around a 'reverse'. Not the biggest deal, but is it too much to ask to have the network's premier analyst, on the biggest sporting event of the year, get the terminology correct? He also misidentified an injured Richard Sherman as "a Bronco".... Buck continually has to cover for him. And there isn't even an upside to offset the errors. He adds nothing.

Aikman is terrible.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

About midway through the first quarter, I started looking for the ESPN channel that had Brian Billick buried in a film room with Mike McCoy and Chuck Pagano to see what was really up.

Damn that BCS coach-cast was nice.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not even called an "end around" anymore - it's call "speed" or "jet" sweep.:)

Agree on Aikman - as expert he was not able to correctly present what
    was happening on field.

Draft saved Draft deleted