1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Broke 90 ... again ... yesterday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Dec 30, 2006.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The guy I played with yesterday shot a 99.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Sounds like our games are made for each other. You going to Vegas?

3. joe

joe Active Member

I had a defective 7-iron once. It now resides in the pond on the 12th hold of the Railside Golf Club in Gibson City, Ill.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

That happens because you got hit by too many offensive linemen in your playing days, Sam. :D

5. I maintain that saving par is as satisfying as making birdie straight in.

6. three_bags_full

Any day of the week.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I played on a team when I was in H.S. We were practicing one day, as two foursomes, and the group ahead of us, waved us up on a par three, so we could all putt together. The guy who waved us up was a nice guy, but a bit slow--he kind of looked like and sounded like Dauber on that old sitcom Coach--which made this even funnier. He was standing on the green when I hit and the ball took a straight path for him. We were yelling our asses off, but he stood there frozen. It seemed like slow motion, as we watched the ball zero in and hit him on the noggin. It knocked him down, and left a lump on his forehead, but he wasn't seriously hurt. All seven other guys, including the coach, laughed about it for a month. It may have been my best golf shot ever.

8. Saved three of them at Portmarnock last spring.
    Felt like I won the Open.

9. three_bags_full

I took a shot to the ass once (have fun with that one). A buddy skulled his second shot, and I was walking up to the green. I had my wallet in one pocket, and my checkbook in the other. Hit me right fucking between them. Hurt like hell.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Just got a new Cleveland Launcher driver for Christmas. Can't wait to play next week.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Played in our regular game last week..........guy we were with birdies 14.......then 15.........then 16........then 17...........then 18........shoots 66.

Group ahead had a guy who shot 68, and thought he took home the pot.

Whoops.

12. three_bags_full

Draft saved Draft deleted