1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brokaw Tennis Shoes Olberman's Anchor Duties

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Interesting story in NYT today that leaves no doubt how Olberman lost his anchor duty job on MSNBC.

Also intersting how Brokaw is now trying to repair the damage that Olberman did with the McCain camp so NBC is not shut out.

Somehow I did not think that Brokaw would want to be part of anything Olberman did. He did not disapoint.

2. The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over again but expecting different results.
  3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The ONLY proper response by a news organization to whining by a politician is "Go fuck yourself." If the complaint is valid, the pol will prevail with the people. If not, fuck him/her.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

WTF does "Brokaw Tennis Shoes Olberman's Anchor Duties" mean?

Can somebody who speaks Boomian translate that?
  6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That's unpossible, inky. I don't think even he can explain it.
  7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Boom, when you need three-week-old news rebroken today
  8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Like here, you mean...
  9. Yeah, that's sort of why I posted it here ...
  10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Active Member

And the only proper rebuttal by a politician is "fuck Olbermann and the horse he rode on." 8)

McCain in the Membrane? That's why it's getting harder to side with news organizations, particulary when their hosts (Olbermann, Scarborough, et al) are spending all fucking day out of the year taking shots at the same god damn people, because there isn't anything else they can talk about.

Matter of fact, many viewers are going "fuck you" to news organizations themselves.
  11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sounds like that is exactly what McCain has said to Olberman and NBC. NBC not wanting to be left out in the cold has blinked and sent Tom Brokaw to make nice.
  12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

That's him as a opinionated analyst though. He can do what he wants on his show. It drives me nuts, but that's his deal. It's when he tries to play the role of news anchor that all that gobbley gook makes him and the network look bad.
Draft saved Draft deleted