1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Broadway's Book of Mormon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ben_Hecht, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Saw it last night . . . some moments of true greatness (the female lead is dynamite), but wildly uneven, very slow-starting, and not the be-all and end-all you'd expect if you bought into the consensus generated by the critics, going in . . . more bald scalper activity in front of the theater than for any other hot musical I've seen in recent years . . . happy I saw it -- but also happy I was able to take advantage of the marked discounts available, prior to the opening . . .

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Coming to Chicago:

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hope they make a movie out of it. Otherwise, I doubt very many of us will get to see it.

I'm not exactly poor, but the days of dropping $100 a ticket to see a show are a thing of the past, especially with two little ones...

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

YF will love this, as one of my fellow students in grad school whose husband works on Broadway bought me a "Book of Mormon" T-shirt.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Just got this in an email:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted