1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Broadcom founder gives new meaning to the term "mile high club."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jun 5, 2008.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/05/henry-t-nicholas-iii-broa_n_105516.html

In 2001, Nicholas smoked so much marijuana during a flight on a private jet between Orange County and Las Vegas that the pilot had to put on an oxygen mask, the indictment states.

2. lono

lono Active Member

Fucking yuppies.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That explains why my wireless connection always seems like it's flying at high speed.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I met him once. We went to the same high school. I was 7 years ahead of him. I vaguely remember him being the center on the basketball team. I was already working at the local paper covering preps.
    About 3 years ago, our Alumni Association inducted him into the school's Hall of Fame. It's a very old school in a prominent area, there are lots of celebrities, politicians and a few decent athletes who went there. The banquet was at a famous country club. He showed up late and clearly was loaded. His speech was kinda funny and very profane. He did hang around afterward to chat. That's when I met him.
    By the way, his partner in launching Broadcom and fellow billionaire is Henry Samueli, the owner of the Ducks.

Draft saved Draft deleted